7 Layer IT Solutions delivers efficient IT management, maintenance and support to customers on a monthly contract basis, using remote monitoring and management technology. As a result, our customers experience an overall lower cost of owning and supporting IT, enjoy predictable costs, and avoid large unplanned expenses.
Stabilizing the Cost of IT
The efficiency starts with remote delivery. Services that are delivered at your site typically take longer, involve travel time, include travel expenses and sometimes require repeat visits. Delivering services and support through the managed services remote monitoring and management platform eliminates travel in most cases, facilitates accurate, more immediate diagnosis of issues, and reduces the amount of time needed to resolve issues and perform maintenance and management tasks. Faster problem resolution means a more stable IT environment and less productivity lost to unscheduled downtime.
Many IT maintenance, management and support tasks have traditionally been performed on a system-by-system or site-by-site basis. 7 Layer IT Solutions is able to automate many tasks across systems and customer sites, thereby significantly reducing the time required for expensive technical staff to go on-site to address your needs.
Improvements in service that you can expect to see when you sign on with 7 Layer IT Solutions include faster resolution, improved security, optimizations in your IT infrastructure, and detailed information to support more accurate budgeting.
Predictable and Planned Expenses
With a monthly contract and a service level agreement, you’ll know exactly what you’ll get and how much you’ll be spending, but the underlying technology of managed services means you’ll also save money in many ways.
For example, services from 7 Layer IT Solutions includes industry-leading monitoring and alerting for your IT assets, so your solution provider will always be notified immediately when emerging and actual problems exist. This allows them to take care of issues faster and often before you experience unplanned system downtime, which can protect your business operations and result in cost savings.
Because 7 Layer IT Solutions has access to detailed health and performance data about your IT assets, they can more easily identify trends and opportunities to improve the configuration of your resources, and provide you with regular reports to help you understand exactly what’s happening in your network. When projects outside the monthly contract are required, it is easier to plan, budget for, and schedule them to minimize impact on your business operations and bottom line.
The Break-Fix Scenario
- An IT problem occurs.
- You discover the problem.
- Team member sets aside core business tasks and begins investigating and researching the problem.
- Best case: Problem is diagnosed accurately and resolved promptly on first attempt.
Worst case: Problem requires multiple attempts at diagnosis and resolution; team member who attempts to fix the problem accidentally aggravates it; parts or external services must be ordered.
- Problem is resolved.
- If the best case unfolds, one or more resources are taken off core business activities for partial or full duration of problem diagnosis and resolution, resulting in loss of productivity.
- If anything less than the best case unfolds, significantly more time is required to resolve the issue, resulting in more lost productivity on core business activities.
- In the worst case, additional, unplanned expenses are incurred, including the costs of downtime: reduced productivity and lost opportunities.
The Managed Services Scenario
- 7 Layer IT Solutions is alerted before or as the problem occurs because best practices 24 x 7 x 365 monitoring and alerting is in place.
- 7 Layer IT Solutions instantly and accurately diagnoses problem in the Service Center.
- 7 Layer IT Solutions conducts rapid remote remediation from the Service Center and resolves the problem in less time
7 Layer IT Solutions gives you comprehensive reports every month and quarter to show work performed, identify issues, and support optimized IT budgeting.
- Predictable, affordable, monthly service fees
- Fewer problems are experienced because many issues are detected and resolved proactively before they do damage – or are even noticed
- Fast resolution when problems do occur
- Downtime is significantly reduced or even eliminated, no more costly surprises